Andy worked on his shed on Tuesday. He took the old, falling-apart doors off and built new ones. He still wants to paint them - another day.


I worked on cleaning the house and doing laundry on Tuesday. I also did some baking and cooking. We weren't able to mow the lawn because the mowers are being repaired. Even though the lawn could use the mowing, I'm not going to fret about not being able to do it. Be thankful in all things...right?!I took a turn about the yard with my camera the other day. The berries on the beautyberry bushes are turning purple, looking like little skittles on a stick. They are aptly named:
Beautyberry Bushes


I was somewhat concerned because the crape myrtles in everyone else's yards were blooming away, all during the month of August, while mine didn't even have buds. Finally, a week or so ago, I saw some buds, then flowers. Whew! They're ok, I guess, although I'm wondering why they were so long in blooming.

So that's the news from here for now: where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average!
3 comments:
the shed looks nice, of course, if dad needs something to work on we have lots of projects here he can do :) I really like that beauty berry bush too, how neat.
those beauty berries are beautiful - I've never heard of them! That Andy, does he ever stop!!!
Amy isn't the only one who could find projects for Andy, but she has a husband and I don't. I never heard of beautyberries either and they are unique. I like them. Glad you had a restful week.
Post a Comment