Sunday, May 31, 2009

God is so Good

First of all, let me bring closure to the blahs of my last post. That was Wednesday, but on Thursday, I wondered what I had been so blah about. I was again "on top of the world" (to borrow a phrase from my Dad). I don't often get down, and when I do, it usually only lasts that one day. God has just wired me that way, for which I am very thankful. What do you have that you have not received? (1 Corinthians 4:7)

So the rest of the week was full and exciting. My garden is doing very well and I have been making lots of salads.

From the garden
to the plate.
Christy & family came down Friday evening and spent the night. Christian cut down trees all day Saturday to prepare for our solar panels. (Yes, we are going green!)He is so good at climbing around in the tops of the trees. It's fun to watch him.

While Christian was doing his tree work, Christy, Dawn, Amy and I went to the church for Dawn's shower. It was something else! Between my family, Tommy's family and church people, there were 70 people who attended. A friend had decorated the tables and made the whole room very inviting and nice.

Me and my girls
With that many gifts to open, I thought it would take forever, but Tommy's sisters had a system. One handed her the gift, she opened it, handed it to the other sister who held it up and announced what it was. A sister-in-law wrote down who it was from. It was quite entertaining and only took an hour.

Joanna enjoyed the shower, too.
After the shower, Christy and Amy came back to our house to relieve Andy from his babysitting! Things were amazingly quiet, though, and he could have continued without us for the rest of the day. He loves those kids and they love their PopPop, too.

The rest of the afternoon and evening everyone enjoyed being together. A couple of neighbors came over and joined in the fun.
Psalm 36:5, 6 & 10
Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies. Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, your justice like the great deep...Continue your love to those who know you, your righteousness to the upright in heart.

2 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

I'm glad you aren't blah any more. About the only time it hits me is if there are too many rainy days and I am home alone. The "home alone" doesn't happen very often. I'm glad you are "on top of the world" I sometimes say it too, but only to folks who don't know that was Daddy's special saying. I'm sorry I couldn't be there on Saturday. I hope I can go visit them sometime after the baby comes. Mother

judy said...

so sorry I missed the event - looked fun and the decorations were great, too! I'm glad you're over the blahs - I get them too from time to time, but tomorrow is always better! Your garden looks great - and good for you going green! I try every way I can - reduce, reuse, recycle!