It feels like we've been non-stop busy since September with Andy doing extra work for Nativity, then Christmas, then the Easter drama. So when Amy invited us to join her and her family for a couple of days in Ricketts Glen, we thought it would be a good idea. And it was!


We left after church on Sunday and drove the 160 miles to north central Pa. Ricky and Amy were already there. We ate a salmon and rice dinner that I had made up ahead of time, along with blueberry oatmeal bread and some cookies.On Monday, Ricky got up very early (like 3:30 am) to go turkey hunting. He came back around 8:00 to get Amy, then the two of them went out while Andy and I stayed back at the cabin to watch the kids. Andy and I had taken our bikes along, so he hooked up Amy's bike trailer to his bike and took Chase for a ride, while I put Amy's Ergo on and hiked behind Andy with Joanna on my back. (good exercise)
When they got back we had our lunch, then put the kids down for naps. After they woke up, we all went on a hike together down by some falls.
Amy and her little papoose!
On Tuesday morning, Andy got up with Ricky (early again - 3:30 am) to go turkey hunting. This time they had luck and Ricky was able to get one which we had for lunch. The mighty hunters returned with lunch for the family.

On Monday evening we all loaded up and drove down to a track that had go-carts. Joanna had fallen asleep on the ride there, so I stayed with her while Amy, Ricky, Chase and Andy got into the cars and rode around the track a number of times. They had a lot of fun.
The weather was so nice while we were there - both days - just like summer. We rode our bikes to the lake and enjoyed the serenity of the water and peacefulness of the day.

It was so much fun to be with the kids for the 2 1/2 straight days. Joanna is such a doll. When we ate our meals, she liked to crawl around under the table, probably picking up our crumbs like a little puppy. Every once in a while, she'd look up at us with her cute little face!
It's good to be back, but the time away was a nice break.
The weather was so nice while we were there - both days - just like summer. We rode our bikes to the lake and enjoyed the serenity of the water and peacefulness of the day.
It was so much fun to be with the kids for the 2 1/2 straight days. Joanna is such a doll. When we ate our meals, she liked to crawl around under the table, probably picking up our crumbs like a little puppy. Every once in a while, she'd look up at us with her cute little face!
It's good to be back, but the time away was a nice break.


4 comments:
I was looking forward to getting your update when you got back. So glad that you had nice weather. You never know in April.
what beautiful scenery - and a beautiful family, too. Glad you had a good time with nice weather.
I guess I have to take breaks "vicariously". I have no one to go with. Martha doesn't go unless I take her. I wish many times there were more widows in the church that I could do things with. Your scenery looks beautiful. I'll never forget the beautiful scenery when I "crashed" your vacation at Finger Lakes. Glad you had a good time.
we just got a very old camper, and we are so excited to have some days away like that!
It's been so sunny here.
Post a Comment