Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air;
they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow.
They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire,
will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.Everyone is talking about the economic downturn and how hard things are. Not to dismiss those who have lost their jobs or houses, etc., but really, we in America are still very rich. Andy and I have been to Bangladesh, and we have seen some of the poorest people on earth. They scrounge the gutters and dumps for clothes and scraps of food.
Or what about our houses? Even the tiniest house in America is huge and "fancy" compared to houses in the rest of the world. If you need a new house in Bangladesh, you must build it in the dry season because it's constructed of mud bricks. If you wait too long and the monsoons come, your house will literally wash away and you'll be left with nothing but a pile of mud.
Well, I admit it is hard not to worry. But God has promised to care for his children, and with His help, I resolve to trust Him. (I need His help, because I cannot trust Him in my own strength.)
All of You is more than enough for all of me,
For ev'ry thirst and ev'ry need,
You satisfy me with Your love.
And all I have in You is more than enough.
words by Chris Tomlin
For ev'ry thirst and ev'ry need,
You satisfy me with Your love.
And all I have in You is more than enough.
words by Chris Tomlin
We had a coating of snow on the ground this morning and the bird feeders are very busy. I had just filled them up yesterday afternoon so am enjoying watching the drama. (It's better than watching tv!)
The little birds were busy on the feeders and on the ground, then all of a sudden Mr. Jay would drop by and all the little ones would fly away. I almost got a picture of Mr. Cardinal, but just as he sat on the bird feeder, old Mr. Wily Squirrel jumped on to get a share. I named the squirrel Wiley, because Andy likes to pop him with his air gun when the squirrel is helping himself to the birds' food. (For all you animal lovers out there, it doesn't kill the "poor thing," just stings him and he runs off.) However, this morning the squirrel was no where around as long as Andy was still home. He must have waited for Andy's truck to leave the driveway, because then he came out of hiding and helped himself to the delicious bird food.
Juncos




5 comments:
very nice mom. My pastor just read that very same passage this morning. I like you bangladesh pictures. we got about the same amount of snow this morning too, "they" are saying we're supposed to get 5-8 inches tonight! we'll see though.
We really are blessed in this country. When I visited El Salvador and again the trip to Haiti- it's just unbelievable how they live. If we tried to drink our water out of the stream, where the cows walk through and- we would die! It makes me want to be generous in giving when there is a need presented. I bet some of those birds were not pictures that you took. Cheater! I agree "they" are saying we should have a lot of snow. They are wrong so often, how can they keep their jobs?
I took all the pictures of the bird feeder out my kitchen window! For real!
The ones at the feeders - I thought you had taken those. How about the first up close pic that you had on at the beginning of your blog?
no, I have to admit...I didn't take those first 3. I found them on the web.
Post a Comment