Amy made us lunch, then put the kids down for naps. Andy picked up a book Ricky had on the shelf and got hooked. It's a book about Kit Carson that we had given Ricky for Christmas one year. And Amy and I worked on blog stuff. It was somewhat frustrating, though, because her computer is sooooo slow. I got the general idea of what she was showing me and was able to finish up at home. (Notice my new list of blogs along the side.)
When the kids woke up, we decided to drive to the Middle Creek Wildlife Preserve near Ephrata to see if we could observe any snow geese. Andy google mapped how to get there and off we went. Well, the directions we started following did not take us to Middle Creek. We ended up near Reading, in Shillington or Wyomissing - I don't remember which it was. It was near a job that Ricky had worked on and Amy had been there once. We drove onto a road that followed a pretty little stream. It ended in a parking lot with a sign that indicated a trail. So we decided to get out of the car and explore. What a pleasant surprise. As we started walking, we ended up in a beautiful evergreen grove with white pines and Norway spruces. They were huge trees, must have been planted many years ago. It was really nice in there, out of the wind, since it was a pretty blustery day.



One shot of pretty little Joanna in the car seat. 
When we got back to the house, Amy made us a delicious dinner of chicken quesadillas, her home grown corn and a salad. I had brought some chocolate chip, cream cheese cupcakes that were left over from our small group. So it was quite a feast. Yummy!
Today it was back to work, but yesterday was a wonderful treat: playing with Chase, holding Joanna, hiking in the pine grove, and being with Ricky and Amy.
1 comment:
I know where you could see a lot of snow geese- at Ontelaunee Lake. There must be a thousand or more there. Since you were in Reading, it wouldn 't have been that much further. I drove past Ontelaunee Sunday about evening and they were there en masse.
Post a Comment