On Friday night Dawn, Andy and I were supposed to go to a meeting. Since Dawn was over here in Jersey all day, I invited her to have dinner with us before going on to the meeting. And since it's her birthday on Tuesday, she requested I make - you guessed it - tuna ring.
I really don't know what she sees in it. It's nothing special. Maybe it brings back happy memories of childhood. Anyway, because she's my daughter and I love her and love to make her happy...
Here it is:
If anyone is interested, or if you ever invite Dawn to dinner, here is the recipe.Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2 cups Bisquick (or any all-purpose baking mix)
1/2 cup cold water
Stir together and mix to a soft dough. Roll into rectangle, 15 x 10 inches.
1 egg
2 (7 oz.) cans tuna
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz.)
1/2 cup snipped parsley
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Beat egg slightly. Set aside 2 tablespoons of the egg. Mix together tuna, onion, cheese, parsley, celery salt and pepper into remaining egg. Spread the tuna mixture on the dough rectangle. Roll up, beginning at long side. With sealed edge down, shape into roll on greased baking sheet, pinched ends together. With knife, make cuts 2/3 of the way through the ring at 1 inch intervals. Brush top with reserved egg. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Serve with hot cheese sauce. Makes 4-6 servings.
Cheese Sauce:
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Bisquick
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups milk
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
Melt butter over low heat. Blend in Bisquick, salt and pepper. Stir until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Sir in cheese until melted.
The cheese sauce is also good on broccoli if you decide to make that as a side dish.
You may wonder why Dawn doesn't make this meal herself if she loves it so much. Well, believe it or not, Tommy hates fish!
3 comments:
Mom,
Bring your camera today and I will show you how to use macro.
Love,
me
Dawn was so excited about having tuna ring! we had thought maybe you could use shredded chicken breast instead of tuna too, I bet I would even like it then. Are you going to see C&C again?! No fair! JK:)
What is it about my grandkids loving tuna? John always said his favorite meal was tuna casserole, made with cheddar cheese soup and elbow macaroni, topped with bread crumbs. He got the recipe from me quite awhile ago and on Tuesday he had brought left overs that he had made the night before. It smelled so good that I decided to make it for myself that evening. Only I made half the recipe and still ate it three nights in a row. Then I decided I was freezing the rest for later. Too much of a good thing!
Post a Comment