Am I a product of this youth worshiping culture, or what? But it does seem like I'm older than everyone I know (except my mother and in-laws). I'm older than my doctors, all my coworkers, including my pastor, even my husband. I was the oldest sibling in our family of 5, and since my birthday is in Feb., I was always the oldest in my class at school, too. Then I was really old in college because I worked for 2 years before I went. Sigh!
I work hard to try to look and stay young. I exercise, try to eat things that are good for me, keep my mind active, don't watch TV, and surround myself with younger people (which isn't that hard since everyone is younger!).
Well, one consolation is that I was young once upon a time. And here are some pictures to prove it. Notice the bike theme.

With my Daddy

Going Solo

Me in 2nd grade

We've had beautiful weather this week. It feels like spring. So on Tuesday, Andy and I drove down to Lebanon State Forest with our bikes in the truck. We rode about 5 miles on the trails through the woods. It was so quiet and peaceful - very therapeutic.


Tonight Andy is taking me out to eat, but I can't tell you where because he wants to surprise me. I've tried to trick him into letting it slip, but he's too sharp! I'll have to let you know after we've been there.
Anyway, in spite of the fact that I'm getting older, I'm very grateful for the good life I enjoy. God has richly blessed me - far more than I deserve.
Psalm 92:14 - "They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green, proclaiming, "The LORD is upright; he is my Rock, and there is no wickedness in him."
Isaiah 46:4 - "Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you."


6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I love the pictures ~ especially the one with you in the bike basket! So cute!
You guys have lots to celebrate in February, don't you... birthday's, Amy's anniversary, Valentine's Day... What a fun month for your family.
Happy Birthday Mrs Wallin! I've been enjoying all the pictures on your blog a lot lately! I can't wait to find out where you had dinner. Happy Valentine's Day as well to you both.
I've never thought of you as older than everyone, mom. I think you are very young for your age. when i was in Jamaica they would sing a birthday song that went like this, "age is just a number don't you stop having fun, this is your day, your day, happy birthday to you, to you... etc." I'm glad we could celebrate with you:) and I love that picture of you and grandpa.
Hope you had a very happy birthday, dear sister. you are doing such a great job of updating on the blog. I feel like I've let down a bit on this, oh, well, happy bday and happy valentine's day too. Love you
Hi Phyllis,
I really liked the picture of your Dad & you on the bicycle. That is really cute. Do you know where it was taken. In Big Valley or in Berks Co? And do you know how old you were? Just curious. I also liked the one with you & Wendell on the motorcycle.
Happy BELATED Birthday!! Becky
Dear Aunt Becky,
My mother would be a better one to ask those questions to, although we wouldn't have been in Berks Co. yet. We didn't move there until I was 6. It looks like I might have been around 2.
Phyllis
Post a Comment