Sunday, December 14, 2008

Party Animals

There's a lot of partying going on in the Wallin household lately. On Wednesday, Dec. 3rd, I was responsible for another Ladies' Night Out. It was our church's Christmas party. We had about 80 women attend with games and fun activities, food (of course!) and an inspirational Christmas story.

Building Snow-women!
Then on Wednesday, Dec. 10th Andy and I both went to a couples event at church. There were probably about 150 people who attended that. We were supposed to work together as a couple to build our house. Actually the "house" was already built of cardboard and we were supposed to decorate it with things that were provided. Ours was pretty plain, neither of us are idea people: just plain vanilla. But some of the others were pretty amazing with what they were able to accomplish with the same materials we had. It was still fun (I think!).

And here is the finished product "proudly" displayed on our kitchen table. Fortunately, I took this picture before a certain someone came over and ate the tootsie roll chimney.

Yesterday C & C and their 5 children came over and spent the day with us. I had an open house for Christy's candles. We had munchies and snacks all day as people came and went, looking at and buying candles. Then I fixed a baked ziti dinner with a salad before going over to walk through our church's Living Nativity.

After church this morning, Tommy & Dawn came over to have our usual Sunday brunch: omelettes and waffles. Another young man from church joined us, as well. Then Andy and I hurried back to church: I to "man" the phones, Andy to trouble shoot for another night of our Living Nativity.

This week promises to be busy and full, too. My mother is coming down Monday afternoon to spend the night and bake cookies with me on Tuesday. Then Wednesday, we're having our staff Christmas party. Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights next weekend are the final 3 nights of our Living Nativity. It has been very well attended this year and we could have a record year if the weather continues to be nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Party on sister! You guys certainly have a lot going on at your church. Have fun making cookies, remember when we used to go to Big Valley and make tables and tables of cookies during deer season? It's a wonder we didn't all end up being blimps.

Katy said...

looks like you've been having fun without me!!! :) haha. I love the picture of you and Dad doing the house and you licking the icing off your finger... caught you!