This morning after breakfast we started on the cookies. We had a pretty good system going: Mother rolled out the dough and cut the cookies. I decorated them and put them in the oven. When they were done, I took them out of the oven and put them on racks to cool.

After the first couple of batches came out of the oven, the smoke alarm started blaring. Believe it or not, the oven temperature was up to 550 degrees! Yikes! Not this again. So I turned off the oven, let it cool down, then turned it back on. And it worked fine the rest of the morning. But I had Andy call the repair people to set up an appointment for them to come out to see what's the problem.We got lots and lots of cookies made. I'll be taking a lot more than 1 dozen tomorrow for our party, then we'll have lots for our family Christmas, too. And Andy and I will probably be eating lots between now and then!

In other news, our Living Nativity made it into the Courier Post on Monday's front page. They have some really nice pictures that you can check out. The sets and costumes really look good this year. We'll have 3 more nights that it will be showing: Friday, Saturday and Sunday this coming weekend.
4 comments:
I tried to find the article in the Courier Post about the nativity and apparantly it wasn't in todays paper. If people check your blog and mine they will see a lot of cookies.
We are having snow tonight. It looks like about an inch on the rails of my deck and still snowing. I'm glad I left when I did. Had a great time.
Hi Phyllis, I have really enjoyed your Blog! I came to it by way of Amy's. She mentioned it on Facebook. Your cookies are beautiful ~ sugar cookies are the prettiest and the best tasting. How nice to spend the day baking with your mom.
I keep sniffing my 'Baby Powder' candle. What could smell better!
I have created a blog too. If you are interested, the link is: http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com/
Nice visiting, sweet friend!
I just realized that you organized the cookies by shape and that made me laugh really hard. You sooooo funny:) party on Mamma
Silly Amy - how else do you organize cookies - that's the only way they will stack! Aren't we a mess?!? They look very yummy, think there'll be any left for the Yoder gtg? The pix in the paper looked very good. You've had pretty good weather this year, right?
Post a Comment