Thursday, October 9, 2008

Grace, God's Grace

The other day as I was just going about my day, I remembered something I had read once in Oswald Chamber's book, My Utmost for His Highest. I got the book down off the shelf and started to look for my random thought, when I came across a paper Dawn had stuck in there once. It had notes on it from a sermon Andy had preached back on February 14, 1999. I remembered that sermon as one of the best I had ever heard him preach and I had taken good notes myself. So I started checking through all my journals until I found it. His message was comparing Grace Givers to Grace Killers.

His starting point was Colossians 3:12 - "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience."

So here is what Andy shared in his message - the difference between the grace giver and the grace killer:

Lord, make me a grace giver. Amen.

2 comments:

Katy said...

I love that. I think I remember that sermon too! I tagged you for a game on my blog:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phyllis, for making me stop and contemplate. Good job, Andy, thanks for allowing God to use you to speak to others.