Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall


This beautiful dogwood tree is what I see when I stand at my kitchen sink. The leaves are a beautiful dark red right now, and it is full of little red fruit that keep the birds and squirrels busy all around it. I love the various colors of fall. God is so creative. But soon the leaves will be gone and the trees will look dead and gray/brown. I'm not crazy about winter, but I like that we have seasons. I think that's more interesting than having perfect weather every day. And I confess I love snow! Oh, here's a tidbit of information: Andy bought a snowblower. He thinks he's justified in buying one because: 1. he's too old to be doing a lot of shoveling any more and 2. all our snow shovelers have gotten married and moved away. (How dare they?!)

So what's been happening here? We've been busy but not overwhelmingly so. Our upstairs apartment guests left on Thursday. They left the place in good condition, so I basically just had towels and sheets to launder, then make the bed.

Andy worked all day at church on Saturday - on the walls of Bethlehem again. He says they're making good progress.

Dawn came over last night and had dinner with us, then went with Andy to church for worship team rehearsal. She stayed with us overnight because they had to be at church again this morning by 7:30.

After church today, the pastoral staff (with their spouses) was invited to the Sr. Pastor's for a meal and fellowship time. That was fun.

I didn't do much yesterday besides some laundry and a few errands. It was so nice outside so I sat on the deck and got some sun for about an hour. The sun was warm but the air was cool - perfect.

And that's about it...it's nice to have a report with not much going on for a change!

3 comments:

Katy said...

I didn't know you loved the snow! Me too. See you soon:)

Nancy Yoder said...

Hey, I have several reasons for not getting a snow blower. 1. I have a neighbor next door with a snow blower and he likes to "play" in the snow and does my drive and gets his boys to shovel my walk. The neighbor across the street has a Farmall tractor with a plow and if there is more snow he will plow it for me. He is a "part time" farmer with a paying job, hence the tractor. If it is a Sunday morning Wendell comes over with one of his big machines and does it so quickly. My neighbors don't get up Sunday morning! Maybe they take pity on me because I am an "Old" lady! I think Andy just wants a new toy!

Anonymous said...

Rod also had to get a new toy this year. The old lawn mower/tractor/snow plow gave up the ghost. I told him I didn't mind shoveling snow and since we paved the driveway it would be easier but he didn't like that idea. So he got a new one.