Monday, August 18, 2008

Toot & Me / A Day with the Grandkids

So maybe the picture I posted last time of my sister and me didn't really have us looking much like each other. But what about this one???This picture was taken in April, 2006. We have similar haircuts, both holding babies! I am 8 years older than Toot. The fact that we look alike is that I look younger, not that she looks older!

Anyway...
Yesterday morning, Andy and I both were feeling like we hadn't seen C & C's kids for a while and we needed a "kid fix." So we called them, they had no plans and we drove up to see them and spend the afternoon with them.

Andy wrestled with the kids, I read a book to Grace, that Aiden and Naomi listened to part of the time. And Grammy is always good for mints. I also happened to have a piece of candy in my purse for each of the kids this time. I believe in bribing! Actually, I remember my own Grandpa always having root beer barrels and long stick pretzels for us when he and Grandma came to visit. That was always special, so I am trying to pass along the tradition.





Naomi was in rare form. She sang "twinkle, twinkle, little star," while beating on a toy drum set.










Patrick is doing well and making progress. He is walking around pretty good. It was a thrill to see him upright. It's a challenge for him sometimes to remain upright with rambunctious siblings around. Is that a smile or a grimace on his face?
And here is little A - already 6 1/2 months old.

Somehow I didn't get Big A in any of my pictures, but he's quieter and not as outgoing as his sisters. I'll have to do better next time.

We bought them dinner (hoagies) and had a wonderful time. Our kid tank was filled up for another couple of days.

Then back to work today.

3 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

The tradition of grandparents taking treats is a good one. What about great grandmas? Poor Christy! If Naomi decides she loves the drums. I guess if it gets too annoying, Mom could always make them disappear while they are sleeping. Just a thought. Little A is really cute, but then they all are.

Anonymous said...

Yup, in that pic we do look alike. I needed a kid fix too and got it tonight. I'll try to post in the a.m. It always makes me smile to be around our little ones.

Katy said...

You do look more a like in that picture. I think you didn't before because Aunt Toot's hair is longer. What a fun day you guys had! Hey, I have a couple kids here when you need another "fix" :)