Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Jersey Happenings

I finally have some time to blog, so here goes.

Nothing much of interest happened last week, just the usual: work, come home, make & eat dinner, relax a little, water the flowers, go to bed and start over the next day. On Saturday, we went to a wedding - the daughter of a family at our church. We only went to the wedding ceremony and not the reception because Andy had to be at church in the evening for worship team rehearsal.

Sunday was busy with church in the morning. The message was excellent on worship. What is worship? The title was: Idol worship or idle worship. We were challenged that our whole life should be an act of worship, not just something we do on Sundays. One definition that was given was: worship is loving the Lord with all our hearts, souls, minds, and strength - in every circumstance.

After church Tommy and Dawn came over to eat our usual Sunday brunch of waffles & omelets. They stayed all afternoon; Tommy did some studying and brought along a surfboard to work on, as well. For those of you who don't know, he has a side business of repairing surfboards for a shop in Cherry Hill.

Dawn was involved in organizing a Christian Artists Night at church on Sunday night. It went well, was interesting and enjoyable, and was well attended. I have pictures of her singing, but the lighting was bad and the picture didn't turn out well at all. So you'll have to use your imagination. Most of you have seen and heard her sing, so that shouldn't be too hard.

Yesterday was fun. Amy came down to visit. She brought along her 2 children, 2 adult dogs, and 3 puppies. It was quite an adventure for her, since Joanna is only 3 1/2 weeks old. You can read all about it from her perspective on her blog. We had a good time together. We took the 2 dogs to a young woman in our church who does dog grooming in her home. I always had her do them for me when we had them. She does a very nice job and is cheaper than taking them to the groomer. Then Andy gave the puppies their vaccination shot. They are sure cute at this age, but I'm glad Amy has them now and we don't! She has a much better set-up for keeping them than we did.
We had a good time holding Joanna and playing with Chase (or watching him play - he's so happy pushing his little cars and trucks around) and visiting with Amy.

Say "cheese."
We finally got some rain last night - 1/2 inch - so we won't have to water tonight. That saves us about an hour of time. I think we're going to get a lot more yet. Then the next thing you know, we'll have to cut the grass again! But that's ok; I'd rather have green grass than a brown, crunchy lawn.

The township approved our front porch plans, so Andy will be starting work on that in earnest soon. (Saturday, I hope)

1 comment:

Nancy Yoder said...

I enjoyed hearing from you again. I had a funny thought. You said the puppies were cute. Does that mean you might want a puppy of your own? Aren't the grandkids cute? Mother