Friday, July 5, 2013

A New Dress

Weddings are usually the only time I ever wear a dress.  But all my dresses are out dated, in my mind at least.  So since we had a wedding the end of June, I felt the need to go shopping.  This is not something I enjoy, mainly because it’s very hard to find something in my size.  Well, I admit size isn’t the only issue.  And I also admit that I’m pretty picky.  But after all, my modus operandi is that if you’re going to spend money, you should make sure you don’t regret it later.  So my criteria???

1.     It needs to be modest.

2.    It shouldn’t look frumpy or old-lady-ish.

3.    It needs to be “my” color.

4.    It needs to be a decent price.

 So about a month ago, off I went prepared to come home with nothing to look through my closet to see if anything I already owned could possibly work.

Lo and behold!  After several stores, I found THE dress.  It was comfortable, dressy, pretty, my color, not frumpy and best of all – only $30.00.  Huh?  I couldn’t believe it.  It had been marked down several times, obviously.  

1 comment:

Katy said...

very pretty! I like the sleeves too :)