I've been busy, to say the least. But in spite of all the homework for my class, I'm managing to fit in some grandkid time.
March 5 was Grace's birthday. I can't believe she's 12 already. We didn't spend a lot of time with the family this time because they already had plans for the day. So we got there in time for a yummy dinner of pizza and salad. Grace is developing into a very sweet young lady. I'm very proud of her and happy to have her as a grandchild. I hope to have her over for an overnight with Andy and me, but it will have to be after my last class (the end of the month).
Then last weekend was our church's women's retreat. I couldn't go this year because I have my class on Saturday. But Dawn went and asked if I could babysit Kira on Friday until Tommy came home from work. I was able to work it out that I could leave work by 12:00 noon. I gave Kira lunch and we played for a little before I put her down for a nap. She slept a very long time, over 2 hours, which gave me time to work on my paper that was due for class the next day.
When Tommy came and picked Kira up, I invited him to stay for dinner. And believe it or not, he accepted!
I'm really enjoying my class. I'm learning a lot and enjoying the reading and writing part. And I especially like that the prof of this class isn't giving tests, exams or quizzes. The grade is based completely on reading, writing and class participation. I have a reflection paper due every week (so 5 in all) with 500 words giving a summary and my thoughts of what I've read for that week. I also had a 1,500 word paper due last week. And the final paper needs to be 2,500 words due no later than 2 weeks after the last class. So far 2 of my papers have been graded and I was so excited to get 2 A's! Yahoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment