Then when we could finally get out of our driveway, he had to worry about getting the church parking lots and sidewalks cleared. He doesn't actually do that, but has to arrange for someone to get it done. Usually, our church is not a priority to the contractors. Maybe they get more money from retailers, malls and doctor's offices. But it takes a lot of effort to get someone to actually show up.I had so much work to do in the office yesterday, I couldn't afford to stay home doing nothing. So after our driveway was open, Andy told me to start the car and he would drive me over to the church. Cemetery Road was barely plowed - one lane - and thankfully, we didn't meet anyone coming toward us. It was so beautiful driving down the road - like a winter wonderland.
When we got to the church parking lot, there was no way we could drive in. The entrance to the parking lot was like a high wall because of the snow plows mounding up the snow from the road. I had boots on but they were only ankle high. So I asked Andy if he minded taking me back home to get my knee high boots on and I'd just walk into the office from the road. The roads weren't really well plowed but we finally made it home again, where I changed into the higher boots. Back on the road, we decided to go a different way than Cemetery Road. Andy turned onto the road that goes by the church and stopped the car right at the driveway. I was able to walk in on top of the mound, then up to the church door. I got my purse out to get my keys but they weren't in there. Then it hit me...I had started the car with my keys and they were still in the car which was now driving back home. So "yeah" for cell phones...I had to call Andy to come back to give me my keys. Because of the lack of well plowed roads, he had to take the circuitous route again, and it seemed like forever till he got back to the entrance to the parking lot.
Well, it was worth it, though, because no one else was at the church all morning. I had hardly any interruptions, and it was a profitable day, except that one of the printers malfunctioned, and I had to call for service. Then when the repairman called to say he could come, I had to tell him he couldn't because the parking lots still weren't plowed. Sigh! I have a friend who says: "It's all good." And it did all work out in the end.


I saw a statistic somewhere that this is the 3rd snowiest year in recorded history. And you know what, it's still only January!
No comments:
Post a Comment