Kira and Dawn have been over quite a bit. They still don't have hot water at their house - waiting for PSE&G to run the gas line. So Dawn comes over to do laundry and take a shower and just to visit. Kira and I are becoming good buddies.
She knows just where the toys are.
One day we got her hair in a "sprout."
Last week was a busy one for us: a funeral and wedding.The funeral was for a 52 year old man who was taken by cancer. What made his passing so sad is that he had a wife and 3 children. The children were only 8, 10 & 12 years old. I can't imagine raising teens and twenties without a husband. My heart goes out to J in her grief and loneliness. The funeral was on Friday. Andy was involved almost all day because he opened in prayer at the funeral, as well as helped lead in the singing. He also went to the graveside service afterwards and was available to the family throughout the day. I took off from work to attend the service, but spent the rest of the day in the office.
On Saturday, we were involved with a young couple who were getting married on Sunday. Their rehearsal was on Saturday afternoon. Andy performed the ceremony which is why he had the rehearsal. That evening we joined the wedding party for a delicious dinner at a quaint little restaurant in Haddonfield.
Sunday was church. We got home in time to eat lunch, then we came back to the church for the wedding at 3:30. After the wedding, we had dinner at a Mediterrean Cafe in Haddonfield - another delicious dinner.
I've been busy trying to prepare ahead for our vacation. So in the last couple of weeks I've been baking quick breads and freezing them. My freezer is getting full. Maybe if we got rid of the ice cream, we'd have more room. I'll have to work on that one!
The next couple of days will be different and fun. Friends of ours are coming to visit. We became acquainted with the Injerds years ago when we lived in Richland. They attended our church there and were resource people when we decided to homeschool. Currently, the Injerds are serving in Equador in a private school they've been instrumental in starting. They are in the States for the summer and in their correspondence indicated they would be on the East Coast during July. They will be arriving at our house in time for dinner on Thursday evening. I'm planning to serve some south Jersey sweet corn with grilled chicken to give them a taste of New Jersey. Then on Friday we're planning to take them to Philly for some historical sight seeing and maybe grab some Philly cheese steaks: give them some culture they've missed out on.They will be leaving on Saturday morning for adventures elsewhere. Meanwhile, our own adventure continues with a family reunion/picnic in our back yard. I didn't organize it or plan it, but it will be at our house. Andy's mom and 2 cousins are the ones who planned the event as well as mailed out invitations to relatives - near and far!
I just have to post one final picture. At the Yoder 4th of July picnic, I caught Joanna with a plateful of cheese curls. Isn't she her mommy's girl!!! Who was it that insisted on having cheese balls at her wedding reception!
I just have to post one final picture. At the Yoder 4th of July picnic, I caught Joanna with a plateful of cheese curls. Isn't she her mommy's girl!!! Who was it that insisted on having cheese balls at her wedding reception!

3 comments:
We got some much needed rain too, after being away for the weekend we returned to 1 1/2" in our gauge, with another 1/2" last night. Isn't it interesting how funerals, weddings, and births seem to go hand in hand - God's way of telling us life goes on. Glad you are getting better acquainted with Kira, Grandkids are absolutely the best.
I have some pix of Joanna & Chase from our company picnic at Knoebels last Saturday- just haven't posted them yet. By the way did you post pix from our 4th picnic?
I love those pictures of Kira. She's getting so big! Hope you have fun with your friends.
P.s. maybe I wouldn't be so obsessed with cheese curls if they weren't so stinkin' delicious ;)
Post a Comment