I did have a chance to finish a project I had started a couple of weeks ago - an apron. Christy had inspired me with her sewing, and I believe she made 1 or 2 of these aprons herself. So I thought I would give it a try. It wasn't a difficult pattern, although I did need her to show me one of the steps I couldn't figure out. Here is the finished product:


It's reversible. I feel so fashionable cooking dinner.The girls and we had planned to spend Tuesday together at Tyler Arboretum, but because of all the rain on Monday, decided it would be too wet and muddy to enjoy the day. Besides, in talking to each of them, we decided we could really use the time for other things. All of us were busy, and as disappointed as we were not to see each other, still there was also a sense of relief that here was one less thing to do.
This is what we would have seen if we had gone:
So Andy and I stayed home and worked around the house. I cleaned and did laundry (doesn't that make for an uneventful day?) while Andy worked a little more on the bathroom project. That project is dragging on because for about a month Andy's back had him laid up. But thankfully, he is finally feeling better.We also worked at cleaning up winter storm debris. Yes, there is still some of that around. We have a big property, don't forget. There are 2 huge trees that came down: one in a storm, the other Christian cut down. We are slowly making progress.
On Wednesday afternoon, Tommy and Dawn, along with Kira, came over for dinner to discuss projects that will need to be done on the house they are buying. Tommy and Andy also went to pick up a dryer for them that is now being stored in Andy's workshop till they get the house. I made barbeque chicken pizza and Caesar's salad for dinner - a big hit with the son-in-law (hint: this is a great meal if you want to make points as a good mother-in-law!).
I finished up my photoshop class, too. I took the final exam tonight and did all right -- 89% - - not as well as I wanted. You may wonder how I could have any mistakes since I was able to print out the exam and study for it before I took it. Well, all I can say is photo shop is complicated and difficult if you don't use it (or maybe I'm just not as bright as I'd like to think I am!). I'm hoping I can become more experienced in it as I use it.
It's been cold but warmer days are coming. The forecast says in the upper 80's on Saturday - bring it on!
4 comments:
Love the apron mom! Thanks so much for dinner last night! We both enjoyed hanging out with you and it's great to have my car back!! Can't wait to hang out more often after we move! :)
Very cute apron, Phyllis! Looks adorable on you!
Nice to hear your sweet family are all doing well!
Love, Lorraine
Actually I made three but who's counting. :) I want to make another one but I need to get more material.
Now that I see the picture of Tyler I am sorry we missed it. :(
Oh, and I think 89% in your photoshop class is pretty darn good for someone who lived most of their life without a computer. Good job Mom!
Love your apron - you look so charming while cooking!
Post a Comment