Five to six years ago, a young lady joined our office staff with a bent toward graphic arts. She worked part time in the office while working toward a degree in graphic design. After she got her degree, she started working full time and has added quite a professional touch to our brochures. I learned a lot from watching her and asking her questions, but I was pretty limited in what I could do myself. So I decided to take an online course in photo shop from Burlington County College. I've completed 10 classes out of 12 and have learned a lot. The photo shop program is a powerful one and I'm only scratching the surface with what I've learned so far. But it's been fun experimenting.
In one of my assignments, I had to take a picture (that was provided) and make some changes/enhancements. This particular picture was taken with the light in back of the subject so the facial features were too dark. But in photo shop, that can be fixed:
Voila!
Or you can put borders on or in your picture:
So now I had an idea on one of my own pictures.These pansies are so pretty and cheerful,
but there is too much brown around them.

Hmmm...well, that's the general idea, but it's not centered. I think it's back to the drawing board! It looks like I might know just enough to be dangerous!

3 comments:
I didn't know you were doing that Mom! How fun!! Way to keep your mind young and active!!
Yay Mom! You're smart! Look at all the things you have learned over the years! I think it's great you're taking that class! Are you enjoying yourself?
Yes, I am very much enjoying myself. Thanks for the encouragement, girls.
Post a Comment