Sunday, Jan. 24th
The day after we got back from vacation...went to church in the morning, Dawn and Tommy came over after church and had brunch with us. Dawn & Kira stayed, Tommy went back to school to work. When Dawn had choir practice, she left Kira with me, who was asleep when Dawn left, but 15 minutes later woke up to play with Grammy!


Monday, Jan. 25thWorked all day to catch up from being away for a week.
Tuesday, Jan. 26th
Jet lag hit...lethargic and tired all day, still got my cleaning and laundry and grocery shopping done for the week, but in slo-mo.
Wednesday, Jan. 27th
Worked all day, then had a Ladies Night Out at church in the evening. It was really a good one - fun, with lots of good food (both physical & spiritual) and fellowship.


Thursday & Friday, Jan. 28th & 29thWorked all day
Saturday, Jan. 30th
Went to an interment in Rising Sun, MD (explanation below), came home and made rolls, baked ziti and a blueberry cream cheese pound cake for a dinner at church the next day, made dinner, then went to worship team practice to train a new person to do slides.
Sunday, Jan. 31st
attended the 8:00 service, went to the Welcome Class at 9:30 to talk to our new people about women's ministry, went home at 11:00 to get the food I had prepared for the dinner, put it in the oven in the church kitchen and helped get ready for dinner at 12:30. Dawn and Kira stayed and ate with me. (Tommy had to go back to school and Andy had a meeting with his Sunday school teachers.) I watched Kira again while Dawn had choir practice. She slept the whole time Dawn was gone, so we didn't get to play this time. When Dawn left, Andy and I went bowling with the church young people who were raising money to help out some of the people in our church who are in financial need. (point of clarification: Andy bowled, I cheered from the side!)
Andy got a strike!
Monday, Feb. 1Another day of work...not as much to do this time, so was able to leave early, thankfully, because I wanted to make a batch of cookies for a meeting Andy had at our house in the evening.
Tuesday, Feb. 2nd
Fun day...went to Christy's. Amy and Dawn also came and joined us for a together time. When Andy and I walked in the door, we were pounced on by 7 children running at us. They almost knocked me over with their ferocious hugs! We played, chatted and had lunch together. I had made wraps, Grace made a carrot cake. I also brought the rest of the cookies left over from last night's meeting, but we didn't eat any of them. (I take that back...I think I saw Dawn sneaking one when the kids weren't looking...come to think of it, I think I saw Andy take a couple, too!) We had planned the get-together today to celebrate 4 birthdays: Asher's on Jan. 31, Dawn's tomorrow, Christy's on Feb. 11 and mine on Feb. 13.
The old one
Back to the interment we went to on Saturday...Andy grew up years ago with Scott and Leslie, friends of the Wallin family - in church and youth group together. Andy and I attended their wedding around 30 years ago or so. Scott and Leslie have been missionaries in Taiwan and raised their 4 children there. We have kept in contact with them over the years, they even visited us at the shore in the fall when we were on vacation there. Their second oldest child, Aimee, at age 25 was teaching in North Carolina. And 2 weeks ago, she was in a car accident that took her life. The funeral was in NC last week, but they buried her in Maryland with the graveside service on Saturday at 11:00 am. It was freezing cold. The thermometer in the car said 19 degrees. I was dressed warm enough, but the ground was frozen rock hard and my feet soon got very cold. The graveside service lasted about 1/2 hour. There was a lunch provided for all of us at the funeral home. As we made our way from the cemetery, there were a few flurries falling. But when we left the funeral home after lunch, the streets were already covered with snow. It had come down fast and we were glad to start on our way home. The roads were slick and snow covered, but as we drove north, there was less snow. In fact, it hadn't even started at all yet when we got home. We did end up getting an inch or two though, later that night.
We also passed another anniversary of our own Jeremy's death. He would have been 34 on January 26th.


5 comments:
I didn't even see the cookies!
Wonderful post Mom. I like the way you write.
HaHa! I saw the cookies and did sneak two! Yum, they were good.
That makes me sad to read about the funeral and the fact that Jeremy would have been 34. No matter how much time goes by, you never forget the pain of that moment. Having now had a baby and experienced what it feels like to be a mom, I can't even imagine how painful that must have been to lose a baby.
Mom, were those your pictures you took yesterday or Amy's? I was bummed I didn't take any of you or Grace or Naomi holding Kira. I think she had a good time getting passed around.
Busy busy bees. I can't believe you were in town even for a few hours, but I wasn't around, I was in Lancaster babysitting Noah. Our church had kept us updated on Aimee and the services, but I never expected to hear that you were in town. Good to hear from you again.
You threw out your cassete tapes! You can't do that!! You might be sorry one day. Our kids have been over here for the last week or so listening to old records. I'm glad SOMEBODY saved them. :)
You know I never really thought about it too much when I was a kid but now that I am older I wonder what it would be like to have an older brother. It's sad to me to think about it now. I hopw the day wasn't too hard for you.
Don't despair...I didn't throw away any story cassettes. What I threw away were accompaniment tapes and sermon tapes that we had from 20 years ago (or more).
Post a Comment