- Feb. 8, Andy went to Puerto Rico with Tommy
- April 26-28, Rickett's Glen for 3 days with Amy & family
- May 11-16, Colorado, visiting 4 national parks in 5 days
- June 23-27, California for a worship conference
- July 12-14, Poconos for some R & R
- Aug. 2-6, Andy went to Maine with his dad and brother-in-law
- Sept. 19-25, family vacation at the Jersey shore
Last Tuesday on our day off, we took a "Tuesday" drive down in the country of south Jersey to buy some honey from a local farmer. It was a beautiful day and we took along a Focus on the Family Radio Theater CD to listen to.
When we got back, Andy painted the shutters on the front of the house. They get the southern exposure and were quite faded. They look much better now.
On Friday evening, Andy and I had tickets to see Tim Hawkins at PBU. He was hilarious and we had a good time laughing at his comedy. Check him out.Saturday morning I was involved in hosting a Ladies' Coffee Connection at church. That was a lot of fun. I organized it along with 2 other women. We had lots of food and the room we used at the church was decorated to look fall-ish. It was work putting it on, but well worth it. It was fun connecting and fellowshiping with those who came.

The church choir sang on Sunday in all 3 services. Since Dawn is the choir director, she needed someone to take care of Kira while she was occupied. I was delighted for the opportunity to hold her for a little while. After church, Dawn came home with us to have our usual Sunday brunch. Kira was in a happy mood and we enjoyed playing with her.
Yesterday, this week's day off, was spent in working around the house and yard again. I thought it might be time to get rid of the aster I had out in the garden by the street. I don't like to pull plants out, but it was looking pretty pathetic. So if it's good for nothing, you have to prune and throw it out. (that's biblical)
I bought a couple of mums and planted them in place of the aster. Much better.
So for a while, this blog will not be posting any exciting trips to far off places...just mundane, down to earth, ho-hum happenings on the home front. Hmmm, come to think of it, though, New Jersey is more exciting than Kansas!
5 comments:
How do you know New Jersey is more exciting than Kansas? Have you ever been to Kansas? I agree with you though- there's no place like home. Kira looks so cute smiling. We always like them to smile, don't we?
Yes, I have been to Kansas. You think NJ is flat!!!
I love being home too. You have been busy! So no more trips planned this year? i love that picture of Kira too, so cute!
Being home is so nice! I just finished making meatballs from scratch and have tomato sauce cooking on the stove. Ahhh. Nothing like it. Love the picture you got of Kira Mom.
I wish I knew that you were going to get honey. I would have had you pick up a bucket for me because I really need some. :(
Next time??
Post a Comment