Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Biking Buddies & Beach Bums

Is it fall already? It's only September 1 and this morning it was in the 50's. Brrr. Did we even have a summer?

Andy and his biking buddy rode their bikes to the shore this morning - 45 miles.They left around 9:15, I left with biking buddy's wife in our car about an hour later. We were almost to the shore when we passed them, they were still going strong. We met up in a shopping center, they hopped in the car, then we drove on to Long Beach Island where our friends have relatives who live there. So the guys were able to change before heading out to the beach.

We had packed our lunch and ate on the beach. The wind was blowing so hard, though, we were getting sand-blasted and trying to not get sand in our mouths. The sun was warm and we got some color, but the breeze was cool. After getting a little color, I covered up with my fleece the rest of the afternoon. It was so nice sitting there, though, looking at the water and just relaxing with hubby and friends. A nice break in our busy lives, especially considering the rest of the week is likely to be on the stressful side putting in long hours.Dawn came to visit with Kira on Saturday. Tommy had some work to do at the surf shop nearby, so he dropped Dawn off to stay with me while he did his work. In between holding the baby and visiting with Dawn, I spent the day in the kitchen making different dishes and desserts.

We had a dinner at church on Sunday so I made a tex mex lasagne, blueberry cream cheese pound cake and homemade rolls to take to that. We also had our small group meet at our house on Sunday evening, so I made a batch of cookies to serve there.

The work on our solar system is almost finished. We'll soon be hooked up and running entirely on solar power - in another day or two.
Quite an impressive back yard monument!

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

What happens if there are a lot of cloudy skies?You looked so relaxed in your beach chair! I could use some R & R too, but it seems to not be available for me. What is it I've heard already? This workin' for a livin's gotta cease!! I guess it will one day. I have to think what Paul said, "He who doesn't work, doesn't eat".

Christy said...

Wow, that thing looks really big!

Hopefully we can catch some decent weather when we go down to the shore!

He and She said...

How exciting! So it is probably working now! Nice!

Anonymous said...

That sure is quite a monument in the back yard. If we did that Rod wouldn't have any more grass to mow. It's bad enough now with all my flower beds. I'm sure you'll enjoy the benefits though.