On Monday, I worked till noon, then drove over to take Dawn to the OB-GYN for a check up. There was a mix-up, though, and her appointment was actually at a different clinic than the one we went to, so she didn't have her check up after all. Oh well, at least we got out and then had to stop at Starbucks since we were driving right by! Dawn bought me a smoothie, um-yum!On Tuesday afternoon I went back over, this time to take Dawn and Kira to the pediatrician for Kira's 2 week checkup. She is 2 ounces over her birth weight. I thought she would be. She really looks good - growing nicely. On the way back from that appointment, we happened to drive by another Starbucks, so another smoothie! It's quite rewarding to drive over to spend time taxi-ing Dawn around!
It was so hot and humid yesterday. I was thankful I could clean my house in air conditioned comfort. I was quite productive, in fact, and happy with what I was able to accomplish.
Andy, on the other hand, spent the day outside on his current project - the sidewalk from the front porch to the driveway. He had already dug out where the walkway was going, then yesterday put down the landscape fabric and the sub-base. He also bought the brick pavers, but will be putting those down another day.


On Sunday morning, August 2, our upstairs tenant for the summer, Daniel, left to go back to college. We miss having him join us for dinner. His conversations were always stimulating and interesting. On that same Sunday, but in the evening, our niece Sarah, arrived to live upstairs. She will be attending the community college and getting a job. She wanted to be here close to family and has already been spending lots of time with her cousins. They seem to be having a good time together.So they come and they go. It's never dull around here.
3 comments:
The baby is such a doll. I can't wait to get my hands on her!!
The walk-way is looking good.
Poor Dad sweating it out outside. :(
Kira is SO cute! I agree with the post title from a few days ago... babies ARE the best!
thanks mom! i am blessed that you want to make time to help me...
Post a Comment