I'll start with Amy, the youngest.
She had a few funny words when she was little; she called a Toyota - a coyote. She called a suitcase a soupcase, and I don't know if I can spell how she pronounced a hamburger, but it was something like - hangaber. When she was 5 years old, she told her Aunt Judy: "the moon's a night light for all the dead people."And then there was an exchange she had with Christy when she was 6 years old:
Christy: "Amy, stop chewing, you sound like a cow!"
Amy: "moo."
Later ~
Christy said again: "Amy, stop chewing, you sound awful."
Amy said: "Christy, we've been over this before."
Then there was Dawn:
When she was 4, she said: "I know what Jesus' other name is ~ God Wallin."When I asked her to forgive me, she said, "Ok, I will, but just a little."
Dawn & Christy were in the bath tub. Dawn gave a testimony when Christy baptized her: "I just have this friend at preschool and she just helped me praise God and in the Son."
After explaining to Dawn that Grandma and Grandpa Wallin couldn't come see us because they had to pay a $4,500 tax bill, Dawn told her preschool teacher: "Grandma is so sorry she has to pay taxes."
Then there was the time Dawn wrote an encouragement card to Andy and me. Here is what she wrote:
Dear Mom and Dad,
I must say that you probably must have had a hard time raising us. So that's why I am writing this encouragement card to you. Keep going. Keep trying, you won't fail if you try hard enough. And one more thing...can we have ice cream tonight? Please! Signed, your beloved Dawn
I didn't write down anything for Christy, but I well remember one discussion we had when she was 12.
She was expressing her opinion that she didn't see why she couldn't drive because she was sure she would be good at it. When I explained to her that she was only 12 and the law said you had to be 17 to drive, she started giving reasons why she could do it: she could reach the gas pedal, etc., etc., etc. I thought, why am I arguing about this. She was persuaded she was ready to drive and I was not going to convince her otherwise.Another time, Andy and I must have told her she couldn't do something, and we ended up having a heated "discussion" about it. We were not giving in, and finally in frustration, Christy blurted out: "rules are for fools." We all burst out laughing and the ice was broken!
The good old days, right???
In looking through pictures to post, I found this one of the girls in dress up costumes I made for them one year. Captain Hook, Peter Pan & Tinker Bell. Fond memories.
4 comments:
You didn't write down anything I said and I am the oldest???!! What's up with that!? Were you so bushed from raising me that you didn't have the energy to write anything down or was I just not that funny? :)
That conversation with Amy was funny though. I don't remember that one and Christian was laughing pretty hard. Still the same.
Those are GREAT stories! Too cute!
How sweet that you wrote those things down. What lovely memories. I don't remember Amy saying that to me! Brandi has asked me for Keith's baby book - I'm so sorry that I can't find it. Must have been with all the moves I made that somewhere along the way it got lost. Perhaps it will show up at some point.
I really enjoyed this blog. I think I still have your baby book- or did I give it to you? I have to confess I wrote down a lot more things in your book- being my first than I did in some of the younger ones. I do have a lot of old baby pictures. I was always taking pictures. How are you going to top this blog. Really funny. Mother
Post a Comment