So back in the days when we were raising puppies, he was the one to give them their shots. He got quite good at it, in fact, so good that he's still doing it even though we don't have puppies any more. Amy called and said her puppies were ready to be sold and needed their shots, so would Dad mind??? Of course not, it was an excuse to see her & the kids again. So Tuesday was puppy shot day.

All done!
Andy's doctoring reminded me that I thought I had a picture of my dad doctoring a cow. And here it is! Like father(-in-law), like son(-in-law).
And speaking of my dad, I can't believe it's been 12 years since he's left us for a better world. I'm sure he's a lot happier where he is and not worried at all about the economy or anything else that occupies our minds these days. Of course, we miss him, though, and look forward to seeing him again. What a blessed hope!More backyard flower pictures:
I am very happy with these coneflowers. They really took off this year.

And aren't these black-eyed Susans looking cheerful?

2 comments:
Maybe Dad can be an EMT when he "retires". Ha! I guess I got my genes from him in that I am always trying to fix people with herbs and nutrition.
You make me wish I had the equipment to "dig" out old pictures, scan them and share them. When you stated talking about Daddy doctoring a cow, I knew what you were going to show. I think Christian could be a "pioneer" like we were- doctoring the cows, delivering calves etc. Your flowers are pretty. My glads are blooming nicely now. Mother
Post a Comment