Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Weekend

On Saturday morning, Andy was able to work some more on the brush and branches on the back of our property. What a mess it is. We hired a teen to help him and they were able to get a lot of it done, but there is still a little more to do.

That evening, we went to a 50th birthday party for our sister-in-law, Cindi. She was surprised so that was good! And there was lots of good food there, and that was also good! (Hmmm...Do I know any adjectives besides "good?")
After church on Sunday, Andy and I drove the truck to C & C's with inside doors for their house project. They still need to put the doors on the closet in the hallway and a door on the laundry room. Andy and I are going up again tomorrow to do that work for them. On Sunday, though, we went up to celebrate Naomi's 4th birthday. That was quite fun. Andy and I had bought her a pretty snazzy tricycle. I didn't think of it until now - but I should have taken a picture of it:( There was quite a lot of food and it was fun being with everyone. Naomi got a harmonica from her Great Grandma and no other gift came close to getting the attention that gift did. We kept encouraging her to play it in the other room or outside, but she didn't seem to get the hint. She was very happy with her musical ability.

The Birthday GirlFilling up water balloonsHorse rides after the party
It was a beautiful day and so relaxing to sit in the shade, visit with family and watch the kids play.

Andy & I both worked today. We left a little early and went right to work at mowing the lawn. With both of us working at it, we can get it done in about an hour and a half. It looks so good right now because of all the rain we had last week. I thought it was supposed to rain again this evening, but it held off for us.Does anyone know what kind of bush this is? I bought it years ago as a little stick. It is doing well but I don't remember what it is. To this point, it has never bloomed, which would help a great deal in being able to identify it.
I would appreciate any help anyone can give me.

1 comment:

Katy said...

I don't know what your plant is called but its really neat:) I'm jealous you got to be with c&c sun. and today!