Getting ready
I took a lot more pictures, but they didn't turn out good enough to keep because we weren't supposed to use flash.Christy and her family came down on Sunday to see the drama and I got a shot of 4 of her kids with their PopPop:
After the last performance, everyone came back to our house for lunch/dinner. I had made baked ziti and cookies on Saturday, then got Andy's mom to put the ziti in the oven while I was still at church. So it was ready when we got home. I also made a huge Caesar's salad. We had a fun afternoon playing, visiting together.Patrick did really well. He is making a lot of improvements in his behavior. Even though he doesn't talk, he understands everything that is going on. After we finished our dinner, I asked who would like coffee. Patrick raised his hand. We all laughed, then started asking more questions where it would be obvious he couldn't do what we were asking. He continued to raise his hand at everything we asked. It was pretty funny. And he knew he was being funny!
It was a beautiful day with the magnolia tree almost at the end of its bloom.
Now the Bradford pears are in full bloom. Spring is just springing out all over the place! Andy had to do some mowing of grass this evening, too. And I've heard that by the end of the week, the weather will be up in the 70's. Yeah!
A note of interest about these trees: we bought 10 trees about 15 years ago with puppy money. They were small then and we never thought anything about planting them where we did. Who could have imagined then that they would grow so tall that the electric company would have to come out every couple of years to trim them away from the wires going back to the neighbor's house? Lack of planning/foresight on our part.




1 comment:
Did they choose Andy for Jesus, or since he is on staff he had first choice? Just kidding. He looked pretty good, but aren't you glad he doesn't really have a beard? Your flowers are all ahead of mine, but I will enjoy mine when yours are finished. Mother
Post a Comment