
While we were working, Tommy stopped in to change into his surfing clothes. It was a great day for surfing with all that wind, so he had to go put in his time in the ocean. Before he went, he let me take his picture. Notice the nice hair cut! And always clowning around!
Dawn's appointment was at 12:00 noon, so when she left, Amy, Joanna and I went out to Panera's for our lunch. Then Amy had to hurry on home.When I got home, Andy had been working at putting up the fencing around our garden.
I stopped at Lowe's and bought some starter spinach and onion plants. I planted them in very crooked rows. I do not have the level eye that Andy does.
Then my neighbor gave me some Romaine and butter lettuce plants that she had started in her green house.
It was so cold today, I had to wear my winter coat and a hat. The temperature was 50 degrees which wouldn't have been so bad, but the wind was very blustery and chilly.
I have some pea and cucumber seeds that I'm hoping to plant this weekend. And my neighbor has a lot of tomato plants started, but it's still a little early to put those out. I can't believe I am actually doing this. I hope this work is not in vain. Do you really think that fence will keep out the raccoons, groundhogs, squirrels, rabbits and possums? I guess we'll see.Andy's dad made a salmon quiche this afternoon and invited us to join them for dinner. So that was a nice treat...I didn't have to cook dinner. Sorry, Christian, I don't have a picture of the quiche for you. I was able to supply the cookies for dessert. We still have some left. They don't go very quickly with just the 2 of us.
5 comments:
How much fun registering for Dawn! I know you're thrilled to have another grand-baby on the way! Good luck with your garden. I always loved planting a garden w/ my family when I was growing up. Good memories!
Joanna is so cute! I wish my eyes were that blue still:) you busy busy bee you.
I can't believe you are going to have a garden! As a young girl you hated to get your hands dirty! "Fussy Phyllis!"
I bet you would have less cookies left over if Christian could reach them.
I wouldn't bet your fence can keep out all the rodents and pests, but it's worth a try. Mother
Dear Mother,
I now wear gloves...so my hands don't get dirty! If you had only supplied them when I was young, I might not have complained about that garden so much! (maybe)
Wear you gloves, but watch out for spiders - oh yes, I guess you don't have a sister that will throw them at you! Good luck!
Post a Comment