Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quiet Evenings

It's been quiet around here the last couple of days. On Wednesday, Andy left with Tommy for Puerto Rico. He took the camera with him so I hope I can talk him into posting a blog when he gets back. Tommy had planned this trip with 4 other surfing "dudes," and kind of at the last minute, Andy decided to go, too. Supposedly, the surf is really good in Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, so Tommy wanted to experience it. I'm not sure it turned out to be as great as anticipated. I think both Tommy and Andy are ready to come home. They will be arriving back tomorrow early afternoon.

I'm very happy that Andy was able to get some time away. He just doesn't get a break around here. It really makes it quiet in the house without him around, though, and I'll be glad to have him back.

Since both guys are gone, Dawn and I went out to eat tonight - girls night out! We went to her favorite restaurant at the moment: Chipotle. It was nice to be able to spend some time with her. She's really busy right now with student teaching. Baby is growing nicely - her little belly is popping out!

What a nice day it was. The snow is quickly melting away. It was so pleasant, I couldn't help myself. I had to go out and putter around a little in my gardens. I took down all the Christmas lights off the bushes, then I trimmed off all the dead stems from the mums, cut back the butterfly bush, picked up some dead branches, etc. It felt so good to be outside with the sun shining. The birds were singing, too. It felt like spring. And just a few days ago, it was snowing like it was winter!
These pictures were taken in the evening. The next morning the bushes and trees were even more snow laden. But I didn't feel like traipsing out in it before going to work. Oh, well, another golden opportunity missed. I love it when it snows. Everything covered in white is so beautiful, ethereal. I have to admit, though, that I also love it when it all melts away.

4 comments:

Alison said...

How beautiful! Send some of that back our way!

Katy said...

You guys got more snow than us!!

Nancy Yoder said...

It was nice today, too and the snow is melting and water is running out into the streets. As nice as it is, I don't think spring is here yet! We could have a blizzard yet. I have known it to snow on Easter, hopefully not this year since Easter is late. Your snow pictures look very pretty.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine running off to P.R. to go surfing!! Glad Andy got some time away.