Our 3 German girls left last week, and we have a missionary couple coming in on Thursday this week. So I spent the morning cleaning, washing sheets and towels, and making the bed and preparing for our next visitors. It's really a cozy, comfortable little apartment and I wouldn't mind staying up there myself.
Isn't it inviting?


-->



Since adding on so much space to our house, I do have a lot of bathrooms to clean now. This morning, I cleaned 4 toilets, 5 sinks (our bathroom has 2), 1 tub and 1 shower stall. We have 1 more tub which I didn't clean today because no one uses it.
After all that work this morning, when Andy suggested taking a hike this afternoon, I immediately said "yes." Although it was a little chilly, the sun was shining and in the woods, we were protected from the wind. We explored a trail we had never been on before and were pleasantly amazed at the beauty of the winter woods. The Dot & Brooks Evert Trail in Burlington County was only a 20 minute drive from our house and the trail itself took us about 50 minutes to hike. On the way there, I was observing how brown everything was: the fields and trees...just brown, brown, brown. But the woods were a lot more colorful with lots of holly trees, laurel and rhododendron bushes and snow. It was a beautiful woods and we were refreshed by having been there.



There's nothing like a walk in the woods, surrounded by nature to invigorate the body, soothe the soul, and refresh the spirit. I think I'm ready to go back to work for a couple more days!
After all that work this morning, when Andy suggested taking a hike this afternoon, I immediately said "yes." Although it was a little chilly, the sun was shining and in the woods, we were protected from the wind. We explored a trail we had never been on before and were pleasantly amazed at the beauty of the winter woods. The Dot & Brooks Evert Trail in Burlington County was only a 20 minute drive from our house and the trail itself took us about 50 minutes to hike. On the way there, I was observing how brown everything was: the fields and trees...just brown, brown, brown. But the woods were a lot more colorful with lots of holly trees, laurel and rhododendron bushes and snow. It was a beautiful woods and we were refreshed by having been there.




There's nothing like a walk in the woods, surrounded by nature to invigorate the body, soothe the soul, and refresh the spirit. I think I'm ready to go back to work for a couple more days!
5 comments:
You busy bee you. I always like staying in the upstairs apartment, it is surprisingly peaceful up there too. Glad you had a nice hike.
I'm gonna have to find some woods to hike - it sounds lovely and I'm longing for the outdoors.
I am so anxious to get outside and walk again. It has been so bitterly cold and with snow and ice on the road, I don't feel safe to do my usual walk. I would love to have a stationary bike in my basement, but so far haven't found one at the price I would like- free! I'm glad you got your Tuesday chore finished- cleaning your bathrooms.
if i ever fly out to nj by myself, im inviting myself to stay there! it looks heavenly!
Dear Meggan,
Bring your whole family - there's room for everyone. (Just ask Christy!)
You're welcome any time.
Love,
Mrs. W
Post a Comment