Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Anniversary

Yesterday, December 29, it was 35 years that we've been married.

Who could have known when we set the date for 4 days after Christmas that 35 years later it would be a good time to get away! Between Christmas and New Year's has been great every year for some down time. Since moving back to NJ 22 years ago, we discovered Walnut Valley in Lancaster County, a quiet little spot that brings back peace to the soul. So we spent 2 1/2 days there - just chillin'.
I read through 2 whole books, plus we took a hike in Pa. state gamelands nearby and went out to eat at Lily's in Ephrata - a nice restaurant with ambiance.

When life is busy with lots of stress
Where can we go to find God's caress?
A place to reflect and be restored,
Back to the loving arms of our Lord?

Walnut Valley

6 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

I love your wedding pictures. Of course I would. I'm definitely prejudiced!! Your Walnut Valley looks like a nice place for you to "chill out". I feel like I could use some down time too, but I guess I will just "plug away" Good to see everyone at Christmas. Happy New Year.

Alison said...

What a beautiful place to go and relax! Love the wedding photos!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

How sweet to see your wedding pictures! How heartwarming! So glad you had a nice anniversary getaway!

Anonymous said...

Great photos. I also checked out your getaway location. Looks great - a wonderful place to hide away for a little. Congratulations on your anniversary and your many years. Many more to you!

Anonymous said...

Question- is LDH Lynn from your wedding party?

Phyllis said...

Answer to Toot: no, she's not Lynn, but a dear friend from church.