Andy left the house this morning at 6:30 to go to C & C's again to help Christian with their building project. That left me home alone all day long. But I wasn't lonely or bored. I filled my day with laundry, cleaning house and baking. It's a good feeling to have a clean house - too bad it doesn't last long. (Although it lasts longer now than it did when there were more people who lived here.)
Every Wednesday we have a staff meeting at church. Whenever anyone has a birthday, I make a cake and we celebrate as part of the meeting that week. Well, this week there are 2 birthdays! Pastor Jim's is today; Pastor Ralph's is Friday. Ralph likes carrot cake and Jim prefers cherry pie to cake. So today I made a carrot cake and a cherry pie. We'll party hearty tomorrow!
I also spent some time outside mid-day stringing Christmas lights on all our bushes along the driveway and in front of the kitchen. It's kind of hard to tell but the lights are on. They really look nice now that it's dark.

On Sunday we sang a song that I've been meditating on all week. It's called Offering, written by Paul Baloche:The sun cannot compare to the glory of Your love
There is no shadow in Your presence,
No mortal man would dare to stand before Your throne,
Before the Holy One of heaven,
It's only by Your blood and it's only through Your mercy,
Lord, I come...
I bring an offering of worship to my King,
No one on earth deserves the praises that I sing;
Jesus, may You receive the honor that You're due,
O Lord, I bring an offering to You.
The song reminded me of Romans 12:1:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship.
2 comments:
It was good to talk to you just now and though I viewed your pictures I didn't read it until we were done talking. You had a wonderful poem (song) included. You know sometimes we feel like we really want to praise and worship, but at times feel so unworthy, too. I am so thankful for what He has done for me both spiritually and physically. God is SO good.
nice posting Mom:) I like your new background, what I can see of it is nice.
Post a Comment