Brrr! Sunday morning when we got up, there was ice everywhere. I'm very thankful I can park my car in the garage because I don't have to scrape ice or snow off the windows before taking off. When I got to church the phones were ringing with people calling to ask if church was canceled. We rarely cancel (never say "never"), in fact, we still had all three services. Attendance was down by only 100 or so - 1,100 this week. I took some pictures, but I'm almost embarrassed to post them after looking at Christian's. They had a lot more ice than we did here in NJ.
The fountain grass in our garden by the street
Just for kicks and grins, I watched the temperature on my car thermometer yesterday morning as I drove to work. When I got in the car (in the garage), the temperature was 46 degrees. One mile/two minutes later as I pulled into the church parking lot, the temp had gone down to 24 degrees. And it was actually 19 degrees. I was glad to get into the nice warm office.The water in our pond is pretty low right now, but what is there is frozen.


Andy made a lot of progress on our front porch today. It was so cold, I don't know how he could stand it, but he worked all day till around 3:00. Then, believe it or not, he went for a bike ride. He came back from that pretty frozen!

2 comments:
The porch looks great with the railings up.
BTW is the pond frozen enough to walk on yet? The kids really want to go "skating".
Nice porch! I was wondering about tthe pond too but it will probably thaw from all the rain today, huh?
Post a Comment