

Grace stayed with us after everyone left. She stayed Friday and Saturday nights, then I took her back home this morning. The last time we were together, she wanted to play games with me; but with all the people, including little ones who like to mess up games or walk in the middle of the game, it's practically impossible to finish one and stay sane! So this was a good opportunity to have a whole day to ourselves. She wanted to sleep in the tent, so Andy set it up in the front room.
On Saturday, we played games, walked to our pond to feed the ducks, drove to the park to play and walk around,
then stopped in at my office to prepare for Sunday.
Andy was gone all day. He drove up to C & C's to help Christian with his addition project. They got a lot done...hopefully, Christy will soon update her blog with pictures. Andy got home in time for supper (left over turkey, stuffing, potato filling and pie), then built a fire in our chimnea. It was a beautiful night to be outside, clear and still. Unfortunately, we didn't have any marshmallows or chocolate bars, so we couldn't have s'mores. (I know...what kind of Grammy am I!)
As soon as Grace had her breakfast this morning, we took off to deliver her back home. I was able to make it back in time for 11:00 service at church. Thankfully, traffic was light and I made good time.One last picture: the front porch. Andy wrapped the posts on Thursday. It's looking good.
What does he need to do to finish?1. finish the siding that he had to take off.
2. put in the lights on either side of the door.
3. put the shutters back up.
4. put on the railing around the sides and down the steps.
5. bring in topsoil.
6. plant the bushes and finish landscaping around the porch.
1 comment:
Be sure to put railing down the steps for when you get old! Your porch sure looks nice. Andy is the "King of Projects". Glad you had a great time for Thanksgiving. I had a nice time too, but nine hours to Ashville and nine hours back is just too much car time!
Post a Comment