But I did get one last picture of our Bradford pear trees yesterday when I got home from work. They are the first trees to flower in the spring and the last to color, then lose their leaves in the fall. The picture doesn't do justice to the scene as I saw it last night. The sky was dreary and gloomy, but the trees were vividly orange/yellow/red with those bright red burning bushes in front.
One day last weekend when I turned on the kitchen light, it went poof! Then it wouldn't work. I changed a bulb, it still didn't work. So we thought something was wrong with the light, and we needed a new one. We bought one, Andy installed it, it still didn't work. Hmmm. Next idea was to replace the switch. Voila! So we spent money on a new light, when a few dollars would have solved the problem. And I liked the old light, too! Well, now we have 2 kitchen lights.

3 comments:
Ricky spent a lot of time yesterday raking up all the leaves and now today it looks like he never did it at all! Poor guy. You couldn't just return the new light? I like it though. Hmm, What are you doing with the old one? I know someone who likes free stuff;)
We did think of returning the new one, but Andy had already stripped the wires to install it and a couple of other things. It would have been dishonest to return it.
Ever think of a mulcher for those leaves, after they're mulched they make a great addition to flower beds! I think I like the new light, it looks brighter.
Post a Comment