Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Andy was able to work all day on the front porch. He did some siding around the doors and got up some soffits and facia. There is still a lot to do and it will be a while before he finishes this project.

This morning
This afternoon
The trees in the front and side yards are completely bare now. Andy and I did some raking and leaf blowing, cleaning up the driveway and gardens to the right of the house. What to do with all those leaves? We raked them onto old sheets and dragged them back to Dad's garden. They can decompose all winter and hopefully, give good nutrients into the soil. We're thinking of expanding Dad's garden and planting quite a bit of stuff ourselves. Don't hold us to it...but we're thinking of it.

The elms and Bradford pear trees still have leaves so our work is not yet finished. But I think we'll use the mower on those when they finally come down. We'll probably have to mow one more time before winter.

I spent the day cleaning house. I also organized our closet and got rid of clothes I hadn't worn in a while, especially shoes and dresses. I hardly ever wear a dress anymore. And I've had to go to wearing shoes with lower heels, to keep my feet from hurting by the end of the day.

This afternoon I went shopping for new jeans. It was a fruitless effort. I know the style is low rise jeans, but I just can't bear to buy them. Don't they make jeans for "old" people anymore?

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

"Old People" can send to Blair for decent jeans. I would rather order than go shopping and they have sizes in petite, which means they are for short people- just like you!

Katy said...

I have a hard time finding jeans too, i don't think i'm "old" yet though:) I bet it felt good to get all those leaves picked up. sorry I forgot to call you today:(

Meggan said...

my motherinlaw loves her st johns bay petite boot fit jeans. They look stylish on her, but not trendy or inappropriate. I don't know if there is a Penneys around there, but good luck with that.

Anonymous said...

I've had the best of luck at a Salvation army store in Newark. I got two pair of jeans there recently. And $4 a pair too. I went to WalMart for a black pair and didn't find any that fit or looked nice. So I'll keep shopping at cheap places.