Because of the dreariness of the day, though, I didn't have a lot of energy. I went grocery shopping first thing in the morning. That was a fairly pleasant experience because the stores and parking lots were not crowded. Either the hour was too early or the threat of rain kept people away.
When I got home, I was overcome with the tiredness and succumbed to a nap in bed! Gasp! I actually slept at 10:30 in the morning.
But because of my indomitable work ethic (nowadays known as obsessive/compulsive behavior), I was able to do some baking in the afternoon. I got 2 loaves of applesauce bread done and a batch of cookies. And I experimented with a new recipe for dinner. I was looking through my Whole Foods Cookbook and found a recipe that sounded good and good for you. It had tomatoes, spinach, kalamati olives and zucchini in it, along with feta cheese to give it some zing. It was pretty good, but not fantastic. I might make it again just because I have more of the ingredients left over that I needed for this first time.

After dinner I went to church with Andy for worship team practice. While the team rehearsed, I oversaw the guy who was doing the slides. He was a fairly new recruit and needed to be "trained." He loses his place easily, then panics. So hopefully, today will go better than the last time he did it.
I filled up 2 bird feeders a couple of days ago and they have been busy with lots of tufted titmice and chickadees and an occasional flicker, nuthatch, cardinal and downy woodpecker. Blue jays and turtledoves are ever present, too.
This coming week promises to be more exciting...stay tuned!
4 comments:
You talked about your indominate, inordinate compulsive behavior or whatever! You didn't do like Judy- every time she talks about being compulsive with her work ethic, she says "I know where I get it"! It's not bad to feel the need to work. The Bible says "by the sweat of your brow" and also if you don't work, you shouldn't eat. I don't think retirement is Biblical!
That sound pretty good. Maybe I will try it without the olives.
Now I know where you were when I called you sat. Sleeping! Gasp! You guys sure like that applesauce bread, huh? It seems like you are always making it.
I'm so glad we were taught and saw examples of the benefits of good hard work when we were young. I think it pretty much stuck in all of us, don't you?! I too filled some bird feeders this weekend. I'm disappointed that I haven't seen and titmice lately. About 2 winters ago I was seeing several on a regular basis but now they're gone. In their place I'm seeing the wrens often. I so enjoy watching the birds from our windows, I'm glad God gave them to us to enjoy.
Post a Comment