Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dreary Outside, Sunny Inside

We got some rain overnight, and woke up to a dreary day. So I went to each room and turned on all the lights. The rest of the morning was dry, but Hanna is on her way. We really need the rain, and I hope it rains as much as "they" say it will.

I was a busy bee today, baking 3 different batches of cookies: Oatmeal Scotchies, White Chocolate Chip Oatmeal and Toffee Oatmeal. All have oatmeal so they're semi-healthy. My professional taste-tester sampled them and pronounced them fit for human consumption, especially for those of the male species. Now the challenge for me will be to hide them from that taste-tester until vacation.
I also made a loaf of applesauce bread and a loaf of blueberry bread. I'm trying to work ahead, so our vacation will truly be a vacation, even for the moms.
I'm sorry but I can't divulge when our vacation is. This is the internet, after all. I'll tell you all about it after the fact.

Are you wondering what Andy is doing with himself today since he can't work on his front porch project? Even if you aren't, I'll tell you. He got a group of guys together, and they're working on rebuilding part of Bethlehem for the Nativity this year. They are doing it in the gym at church. He is happiest when he's working on a project.

3 comments:

Christy said...

That's what we are doing today too mom! We made the soup and the casseroles, breakfast burritos, baked peach french toast and 5 loaves of bread. It is so nice to get that all done.

Nancy Yoder said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

baked peach fench toast?! - may I come too. I'm sure you'll all have a great time - enjoy tremendously your time of rest.