Thursday, July 3, 2008

More on Chipmunks

In case anyone is worrying that we might be doing something illegal in trapping chipmunks, I researched it and discovered that it is NOT a federal offense to do so. I think chipmunks are in the same category as rats, mice and moles: rodents, pests, nuisances. On the site I checked there were even suggestions as to how to be successful in capturing them. Then the site also said it is perfectly acceptable to "humanely euthanize" them.

3 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

That is so funny. These "city" folks need to learn about animals that are pests. I'm still waiting to hear of their "interment"! I hope to get to see you tomorrow. Love, Mother

Meggan said...

Hi Mrs Wallin! Just wanted to say Hello, and let you know I've enjoyed reading your blog since Amy stopped by mine a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

there is nothing wrong with live trapping these pests. however if i trap rabbits, i must release them - live - somewhere else. i guess i just have to take them far, far away. glad you're having success with the little critters.