Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

I'm home again after spending a couple more days with Amy and her family. I forgot to take the camera with me this time so there will be no pictures. I went up Sunday afternoon and stayed till this afternoon. On Monday we did laundry all day long. I also helped Amy do some errands and cleaned her bathroom. The rest of the time I held Joanna and played with Chase. Rough life!

Chase is starting to talk. His favorite words are train, car, backhoe, tractor and truck. He can say almost anything, I think, but he has a funny habit of repeating the last word of the sentence you say to him. And if you ask him a question, he doesn't answer, he just repeats the last word you said. For instance, if you ask him: "Chase, do you have a dirty diaper?" He'll say: "diaper." If you say: "Chase, where is your car?" He'll say: "car." You get the idea. It's pretty funny. And if you tell him he's funny, he'll say: "funny."

This morning Amy and I went to Maternity Motherhood and Babies R Us. I had bought a little outfit for Joanna on my way up on Sunday, but we decided it was too big. So we went to Babies R Us to find a newborn outfit so she can wear it right now. We found a very cute one. Maybe Amy will take a picture of Joanna in it and post it on her blog. While there, I also had Amy pick out some shorts outfits for Chase, because he seemed to be getting them dirty faster than we washed them. (We just did the wash yesterday and this morning there was only 1 more clean pair of shorts for him to put on!) Oh, it's such fun to buy things for the grandkids, and I'm so glad their mothers don't mind that I do that.

There is nothing as precious as a newborn baby. I think I could hold Joanna all day long. Every little stretch and whimper is so dear. I'm very grateful for the privilege of being alive and young enough to enjoy the grandchildren God is giving us.

4 comments:

Nancy Yoder said...

It's nice you are young enough to enjoy your grandchildren. I'm glad I can see my Great grandchildren! Too bad there are no pics! I'm sure you will be up there soon again. Talk to you later. Mother

Katy said...

It was so nice to have your company the past couple of weeks. Chase is wearing one of the outfits that you got him! Thank you so much! I just got a coupon for a NB portrait package and think I'll take Joanna in the outfit you got for her... It's so cute! Love you lots:)

Katy said...

Oh I forgot to say... Chase was wearing the shirt you got him with the helicopter on it and I asked him what was on his shirt and he said, "shirt". Hehehe

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agree with you that grandkids are the best. Of course it helps that we have great kids, too. I spent Sunday with ours and help Garin a lot and put him to sleep and it was just so fine.