Friday, June 6, 2008

To Norway and back again

We're back from an absolutely fabulous trip to the land of Norway. We left on Memorial Day, May 26th, arriving via Iceland to Oslo the next day. We went with my sister, Judy and her husband, Kerby. The first evening we visited a couple whom Judy and Kerby had met one time several years ago - Birger & Astrid. Astrid fixed a gourmet dinner for us - it was the best meal we had all week! Then they entertained us with showing their unique and very interesting house, as well as Birger's collection of Disney paraphernalia - mostly Carl Barks paintings and Disney comic books. It was a great start to our week.

Norway is an extremely beautiful country with mountains and deep & wide fjords. We drove through a lot of tunnels (they have roads everywhere and if a mountain is in the way, just bore right through it) and on ferries. Here are some pictures of what we saw: snow capped mountains, lots of waterfalls, lakes, green and fertile farms. It was spring there; lilacs, tulips and apple blossoms were blooming everywhere.



We got home on Wednesday around 11:00, I hurriedly unpacked, then went to work from 12:00 - 5:00. I had a Ladies' Craft Night at church that night, so I got home late from that, then to work again the next day. I was a little overwhelmed with mountains of mail, loads of laundry and gobs of grocery shopping that needed to be done. And of course, the endless e-mails that needed to be dealt with. But slowly, it's getting done and we're getting back in the routine.

I have lots more pictures that I will be glad to show anyone who is interested.

4 comments:

Katy said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Phyllis, Your photos are absolutely gorgeous. I'm anxious for more. Now you need a vacation to get over the vacation?! That's the downside of taking time off, trying to catch up when you come back. But sounds and looks like you had a great time. I'm serious, I want to see more pix.
See you soon, Toot

Christy said...

Is that a person standing on that rock under the waterfall?

Nancy Yoder said...

I love the pictures. What is your next BIG adventure?