Sunday, June 29, 2008

Grandchild #7

Amy went into labor on Thursday. I had originally planned to be with her in labor, but on Thursday, she told me she thought she and Ricky would be all right. The mid-wives who were working with her were very helpful, and Amy was feeling confident and secure that they understood her and what she wanted.

Early Friday morning, 3:30 A.M. to be exact, we got a call from Ricky that Joanna Alyx had been born. The labor really wasn't that long. Ricky and Amy arrived at the hospital at midnight. Pushing was laborious and difficult, but she successfully delivered the baby vaginally. What a relief and blessing. Thank you to all who were praying. God certainly gave her the desire of her heart. Her recovery and even the breast feeding is going so much better this time.

I went up to the Reading Hospital Friday afternoon and stayed overnight with her in the hospital, so Ricky could keep Chase at home in his own bed. Then she was discharged from the hospital around 11:00 A.M. on Saturday morning.

Amy had some visitors today. Ricky's parents came over, then Christy with Grace, Naomi and Asher came, too. I believe Ricky & Amy's friends, Chad & Sheila, are coming over yet this evening. Chase is doing very well. It's a pleasure to be here with them.

I am including a couple of pictures that I took with my camera. They're the same that I posted on Amy's blog. Amy has more pictures, but I will let her post them when she is up to coming downstairs and blogging herself.





2 comments:

Alison said...

Congratulations on the beautiful new addition to your clan!! She is precious.

Nancy Yoder said...

I told Amy and I will tell you too, how can it be that she has such beautiful babies with hair. Some babies don't have hair for so long. She is a real cutie. How long are you staying? Talk to you soon I hope. Mother