So...I really don't have anything to report yet except that we have not yet begun to fight!
This afternoon after church and lunch, we took a Sunday drive. Andy had been talking to some friends at church who want to do a bike trip with him. They were suggesting a certain route to take that had a broad shoulder that accommodated bikes, so we decided to go check it out. It was a very nice drive through south Jersey farms and pinelands. The gypsy moths have been very destructive here, though. Lots and lots of hardwoods are stripped bare - how sad. Fortunately, there are so many pines in the pinelands, so there is still lots of green.
We didn't take our camera along on the drive, but I found these pictures on the internet of scenery that we drove by. Enjoy! I know you Pennsylvanians don't think NJ is as beautiful as your state, but every place has its own particular beauty. God is unique and creative.
This first picture is looking across the Mullica River into the town of Sweetwater. Isn't that a quaint name for a town? We attended a wedding reception once in that spot right across the river.

And here are the pine barrens. I love taking hikes through this forest, although we have to restrict our jaunts to winter because of the abundance of ticks. Since I already had Lyme's disease and still have some symptoms, I don't want to risk another bite.
2 comments:
I had to laugh again at your desire to put an end to your chipmunk problem. Did you find out from Judy yet, what she does with them when she catches them?
I know Toot will get rid of her problem bunnies if and when she catches them. Talk to you soon. Mother
Blub, Blub, Blub, little air bubbles rising to the top - that's what Jude does with her varmits. I'm not fighting too seriously, I'm more interested in finishing the weeding and mulching. Yes I do get the Garden Gate, along with Gardening How To, Birds & Blooms, Birds & Blooms Extra, and Backyard Living. Is that enough for you!?!
Post a Comment