I just have to share this story, though. Last week Andy and I received this package in the mail at the church addressed to us. When we opened it, there was a quilt inside with this note:
Dear Pastor Andy & Phyllis,
I can't believe I found you guys!! My husband Joel Wright and I were members...at your church in Richland, WA. We have such great memories of you both and your beautiful daughters.
We have moved quite a bit since that time, including several years in Minnesota. We are back in Maple Valley, WA and so happy to be here...
Anyway, I recently found this quilt buried away in the back of my linen closet and couldn't figure out where it came from, as we have never used it before. I know it was a God thing when I saw down at the computer to send a birthday gift to my father-in-law and the old ancient address book fell open to your names!! The light bulb went on and I remembered a desperate call about Amy's blanket, years and years ago, and how I had searched and searched for it, but to no avail. I still don't know where it could have been!
Well, I did a google and found this church address so I am sending this TODAY!!!
I'm so very sorry it took so long to find the blanket!! Please, please give my apologies to Amy.
Hope all is well with you both and that God has continued to pour out His blessings on you and your precious family.
In Him,
Diane Wright
Joel & Diane and their 2 children were dear friends and we haven't seen them for probably 23 years. We were at their house a number of times and have fond memories of their family. So this was a pleasant surprise to hear from them and under these circumstances. I really didn't remember losing Amy's quilt, so it was nice of her to send it back. I am including a picture of the quilt and of our girls with their 2 children: Robb & Sara who are now grown up and married with families of their own, too.
I should mention that this was a special quilt made by my Mother, Amy's Grandma, so you can see why it meant a lot to get it back!
3 comments:
I love that story! I do remember carrying that quilt everywhere with me too. I lost that quilt and Gonga in WA. My two favorite things! Good job with the blog mom, now your gettin' the hang of it:)
That's an awesome story of the quilt. Thanks for sharing and for joining the ranks of the bloggers.
I still can't remember the quilt just by seeing it, although I know each child their own quilt. It is quite worn! IT must have been a favorite! I guess I need to start blogging! HELP!! Mother, (Grandma Yoder)
Post a Comment